Scholarships for 2024 PG Day
The National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCGPC) and its generous sponsors are committed to increasing access to planned giving education through scholarship opportunities associated with Planned Giving Day 2024, the premier planned giving conference in the mid-Atlantic region. Join us and grow in the charitable giving profession!
Applications for scholarships are generally open in spring 2024. Check back for more details!
Why Apply for a Scholarship
NCGPC encourages individuals to apply for the National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCGPC) Scholarship, the Planned Giving Day Scholarship, or the Diverse Communities Scholarship who want to:
- Expand their knowledge of planned giving, but whose organizations are unable to sponsor their attendance at Planned Giving Day;
- Transition into fundraising and, in particular, planned giving for a new career path;
- Acquire new skills in planned giving to supplement their annual or major giving roles at their organizations;
- Develop relationships with experienced planned giving professionals and discover new career opportunities;
- Advance responsible and ethical gift planning at your organization.
Who Can Apply for a Scholarship
The scholarship program is open to all NCGPC members and prospective members, and we especially encourage those representing Black, LatinX, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indigenous, two or more races, LBGTQI+, hard of hearing, neurodivergent and other disability communities to apply.
You do NOT have to be a member of NCGPC to apply.
What do Scholarship Winners Receive?
The National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCPGC) Scholarship includes:
- a one-year complimentary membership with the National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCGPC);
- a one-year complimentary membership with the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP);
- a complimentary registration for Planned Giving Day 2024.
The Planned Giving Day Scholarship includes complimentary registration for Planned Giving Day 2024.
The Diverse Communities Scholarship includes specially designated NCGPC Scholarships and Planned Giving Day Scholarships and their associated benefits.
“I have not stopped thinking about what I learned at Planned Giving Days about cultivating individual donors. The expertise in the room including facilitators and attendees was invaluable to me as a first-time attendee who is hungry to be an expert fundraiser.”
– Michelle Edwards, Executive Director
Live It Learn It